Mediterranean poker is a game in which players and the croupier get five cards each and play between each other. It utilizes a standard 52 – card deck, with no jokers.
In order to play you have to stake an amount (depending of what the minimum and maximum are) in the “Ante” box. Then you and the other players get 5 cards face down each and the croupier gets 4 cards face down and one exposed card. After looking at your cards you have the options to fold or to continue. If you fold you lose the “Ante” bet, and if you continue you have to bet double the “Ante”. At this part of the game you can ask for one of your five cards to be replaced by a new card, but you have to put another bet equal to “Ante” bet on top of the unwanted card. The croupier will then withdraw that card along with the chips and will get you a new card.
After the players has made their decisions the croupier will reveal the remaining 4 cards.
The croupier can only play with Ace and King or higher. Therefore if the croupier has less than Ace and King he will declare “no hand” and will pay the “Ante” bet at odds of one-to-one, and the bet will be a standoff. When having Ace and King or higher the croupier then compares his cards to the players cards. If the players cards beat the croupiers cards the players will receive even money on the “Ante” and concerning the bet they receive the odds on the following hands:
|A pair or Ace and King||1 - 1|
|Two Pair||2 - 1|
|Three of a Kind||3 - 1|
|Straight||4 - 1|
|Flush||5 - 1|
|Full House||7 - 1|
|Four of a Kind||20 - 1|
|Straight Flush||50 - 1|
|Royal Flush||200 - 1|
All winning hands are paid up to the maximum of 5000 EUR displayed at the table sign.
Apart from the standard odds there is a special bonus. In order to qualify to win a bonus, together with the usual bets you have to put additional bet in the bonus field. If you then hold any of the top 5 hands, you will receive, in addition to your "Ante" and "bet" the following bonus:
|Royal flush||1000 EUR|
|Straight flush||250 EUR|
|Four of a kind||125 EUR|
|Full house||50 EUR|
CARD RANKING AND ORDER OF "HANDS"
Mediterranean poker is played with full deck of cards which consists of 52 cards arranged in 4 equal suits with every suit containing: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2. Card ranking beginning with the highest towards lowest card is: A, K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, and 2. Aces can be ranked as the highest card (for ex. A, K, Q, J, 10) or as the lowest card (for ex. 5, 4, 3, 2, A). All other cards are ranked by their face value. Neither of the suits (or colours) has higher rank than the others. That means that hearts ♥, clubs ♣, diamonds ♦ and spades ♠ are equal in ranking.
The order of the hands beginning with the highest towards lowest is as follows:
- Royal Flush : 10, J, Q, K, A-all of the same suit;
- Straight flush: Any five cards in order and of the same suit with 9, 10, J, Q, K as the highest and A, 2, 3, 4, 5 as the lowest straight flush;
- Four of a kind: Four of the same number or picture (4A, 4K, 4J...);
- Full house: Three of the same with a pair (3K and 2J);
- Flush: Five cards in any order of the same suit;
- In case when two or more players have flush at the same hand, the winner shall be the hand with the higher ranking card.
- Straight: Any five cards in order with 10, J, Q, K, A as the highest and A, 2, 3, 4, 5 as the lowest straight;
- Three of a kind: Three of the same number or picture card;
- Two pairs: Any two pairs of cards with the same number or picture;
- One pair: Two of the same number or picture card;
- Highest card: Five different cards by suit, colour and value with the highest card in ranking making the strongest hand.